Machined expanded polystyrene (EPS) - POREXPAN PACKAGING
DESCRIPTION OF POREXPAN PACKAGING
Protective elements machined in expanded polystyrene.
The mechanization allows to obtain protection elements of infinite possibilities and without the need of a mold. It is generally used the incandescent wire moved by cnc machines to obtain profiles and the machining by milling machines to obtain pieces or trays with custom-made cavities.
Porexpan packaging, also known as Poliespan, is a foamed cellular plastic with a polystyrene base. This polystyrene foam is semi-rigid, obtained through a polymerization process of monostyrene with the addition of pentane, obtaining a foamed material with millions of fine cells filled with air, almost 98% of the volume is air.
Normally, in the market, these polystyrene foams can be seen in the form of polystyrene blocks, sheets, machined or molded parts.
BENEFITS OF POREXPAN PACKAGING
- The main benefit of polystyrene (porexpan packaging) is its unbeatable quality / price ratio. Porexpan is the shock absorption material with the best absorption/cost ratio.
- It is not multi impact although a good design will give it properties that would be maintained for a second and third impact.
- Porexpan or Poliespan packaging is the easiest plastic material to recycle, with almost no energy consumption or waste, since it is suitable as raw material for the manufacture of new sheets by simply grinding it. The difficulty of recycling lies in the lack of collection points, infinitely less than paper or cardboard.
- Its ease of machining makes it ideal for both short and large series.
- Minimum response time from design to mass production.
PROPERTIES OF POREXPAN PACKAGING
- Ease of cutting and molding.
- This polystyrene foam is the most commonly used in protective packaging.
- Very good quality-price ratio.
- Good absorption of the first impact.
- Recyclable and excellent thermal insulator. Good compressive strength, ideal for making boxes and heavy equipment packaging from these polystyrene blocks.
- Resistant to humidity.
- White color.
- Different densities for each type of resistance required.
POREXPAN PACKAGING APPLICATIONS
In its more than 60 years of history, the EPS, Porexpan, Poliespan, white cork, expanded polystyrene, etc… has been used in all types of packaging. We can affirm that there is no sector where a mechanized EPS solution has not been used.
From industry, to decoration, insulation, cold packing, etc.
Do you want to know the price of this product?
WE MAKE RESISTANT PACKAGING
We reduce incident rates
We optimize packaging costs
SAVE UP TO
ASK US FOR A QUOTE
INCLUDES THE 6 STAGES OF THE LOGISTICS PROCESS
Form Machined expanded polystyrene (EPS)
Basic information on data protection
Responsible: BRAFIM MECPLAST, S.L.
Purposes : Manage the sending of information that you request. Sending commercial communications.
Legitimation: Consent. You can withdraw consent at any time.
Recipients: Your data will not be transferred to third parties except in case of legal obligation
Data subject's rights: To access, oppose, rectify and have their data deleted, as well as other rights as explained in the additional information.
You can access additional and extended information at this link.