Ethafoam is a brand of the Sealed Air company and is a non-crosslinked extruded polyethylene foam that is fully recyclable. It was created by Dow Chemical, which sold the business to Sealed Air.
Ethafoam’s main properties are its light weight, resistance to water, wear, aging and chemical agents.
As it is made of plastic material, it allows tolerances against manipulations. In addition, it maintains resilience, strength and resistance to tearing and abrasion. It is extremely flexible, which allows for innovative designs.
Excellent performance in absorbing multiple impacts and vibration. Another of its qualities is that it has a very favorable environmental balance.
Colors: white, black and pink for antistatic.
ETHAFOAM IS USED FOR…
Ethafoam’s versatility makes it the protection element par excellence. It can be used in all industrial sectors, from armament to art, from electro-medicine to luxury. Absolutely all industrial sectors.
It is a polyethylene foam with low abrasion, fine cell and soft touch that is characterized by being 100% recyclable. It competes with other closed cell foams with similar characteristics but which are not recyclable.
ETHAFOAM SYNERGY PROPERTIES
Fine-grained appearance, odorless, homogeneous and soft to the touch, excellent cushioning properties. Low abrasion. Resistant to temperature variations and multiple chemical agents. Easy to machine.
Colors: white, black and blue.
ETHAFOAM SINERGY IS USED FOR…
Ethafoam® Synergy® thin cell foams are ideal for box inserts, tool control and other applications requiring excellent performance and aesthetics.
For markets such as automotive, aerospace, electronics, electro-medical and marine.
Etafoam EcoPure foam is derived from renewable plant-based resin, making it a sustainable packaging option for applications where damage reduction and presentation are important.
Produced from renewable sugarcane, 100% EcoPure foam has the potential to produce a negative carbon footprint value while offering cushioning and protection for a variety of applications. EcoPure foam can also be offered in a recycled-content hybrid version with the potential to significantly reduce carbon emissions compared to non-bio-based foams.It is not bio degradable and is not compostable.
PROPERTIES OF ETHAFOAM ECOPURE
- Made from renewable sugarcane-derived polyethylene resin to promote sustainability.
- Can be made with only plant-derived resin or blended with virgin or recycled polyethylene to offer a high range of biocontent and sustainability levels.
- It has potential applications in industrial and consumer electronics, housewares, medical equipment and temperature assurance, among other sectors.
- Performance properties equivalent to current polyethylene foam offerings, providing excellent cushioning and superior performance compared to other bio-based options.
- Recyclable with other polyethylene foams where facilities exist.
- Sugarcane cultivation uses CO2 and releases O2, which means the material has a negative carbon footprint.
- Winner of the Ameristar Award from the Institute of Packaging Professionals in the industrial/commercial category.
ETHAFOAM ECOPURE IS USED TO…
Ethafoam Ecopure is a low abrasion solution for both display and impact cushioning applications. Ideal for any packaging application where a foam such as Ethafoam, Stratocell or Cellu Cushion is already in use but where sustainability is an important consideration.
WE MAKE RESISTANT PACKAGING
We reduce incident rates
We optimize packaging costs
SAVE UP TO
ASK US FOR A QUOTE
INCLUDES THE 6 STAGES OF THE LOGISTICS PROCESS
Basic information on data protection
Purposes : Manage the sending of information that you request. Sending commercial communications.
Legitimation: Consent. You can withdraw consent at any time.
Recipients: Your data will not be transferred to third parties except in case of legal obligation
Data subject's rights: To access, oppose, rectify and have their data deleted, as well as other rights as explained in the additional information.
You can access additional and extended information at this link.